Monday, August 22, 2016

Getting Muddy and a Special Assignment...

Hello Everybody!
I am really happy to be able to write to you guys again after yet ANOTHER crazy week for Elder Brandt in the Ghana Kumasi Mission!
On Wednesday I had gone with Elder Whipple and Elder Anderson on an errand for Sister Cosgrave (our mission mom). She had sent us to go and buy disposable plates, cups, and etc. for the mission home. So we went, bought the stuff, and as we were coming back, we saw a bunch of people in the road. As we were approaching I couldn't tell what they were doing. But as we got closer, we saw that while we were gone, one of the huge trees on the side of the road had fallen down and all of these people were using chainsaws, axes, cutlasses, and anything they could get their hands on to try and remove this tree from the road! Because of this, we had to take a detour on a back road to get to the mission home.  As we were going, there was a part in the road that had a huge mud hole covering the road and only a small path of the road was open. Except for it wasn't open because there was a broken down car right in the middle of that open part. So our only option (luckily we were using the truck) was to drive through the mudhole!  So we put the truck into 4 wheel drive and gunned it through the mud. We mad it through! And got some pretty school mud "tribal marks" on the side of the truck to prove our glory!
Well, this adventure was unfortunately my last with Elder Anderson and Elder Whipple. On Friday, we had gone to the mission home to get some supplies before we went somewhere. While we were there, President Cosgrave saw me, then he grabbed me and pulled me into his office! Completely by surprise!  He told me that he really trusted me and that he was going to be sending me on a special assignment..... He then told me how there was an elder in Bantama who had gone home early. (I don't know why).  Now he needed someone to go and take his place! Well, you could probably guess that this was my special assignment.  So now as I am writing to you all, I am sitting in Bantama and my companion is ELDER BURDGE!!! The same guy I was companions with in the Ghana MTC (missionary training center)!!!! :) So now we are having a great time! I am really happy to be here and this is a very fruitful area!
I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week this week!
Odo,
Elder Brandt

Displaying SAM_0401.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment