Monday, August 8, 2016

Lots of Paperwork, Eating Fufu, Teaching the Gospel - LIfe is Good!


Hello Everybody!

This week was a very busy one!!! This week was transfers week so we were very busy with transporting around people and supplies, getting office work done, and trying to teach as many people as possible!!! 
I do have to admit... I am a little jealous that I am missing out on the Olympics... but Fufu and teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ makes for a suitable replacement! 

My mom told me that I should explain further the responsibilities of an Office Elder. Well we get to do a lot of the paper work for the mission. We record and submit all of the baptismal records that missionaries give to us. At the end of each week when all missionaries report on the work for the week, we record and submit all of that as well... (that's 160+ missionaries by the way...) The mission home also has supplies and materials that missionaries can purchase to help assist them in the work. Things like scriptures, scripture bags, pamphlets, church produced DVD's, hymn books, etc..  So it's a little bit of a busy job! And just on top of that, whenever President Cosgrave needs something done in the mission home and he's too busy, he will just call us and tell us to come. It doesn't happen very often... but it still happens.

This morning I was with Elder Whipple in Adum (which is like "downtown" Kumasi) and we were out and about getting some stuffs we needed for the week. As we were heading back to the car, a guy stopped us and started talking to us just like we were his best friends! As we were talking, he was trying to talk somehow like a "thug" telling us how he was a sailor and went down to Central America all the time. (And from his vocabulary, I am pretty sure he actually was a sailor...) But eventually someone came over and distracted just enough for Elder Whipple and I to slip away! *Count your Blessings* 

Also being in a Tri-Companionship is pretty cool. Whenever your are teaching someone, or any other situation you may have, the testimonies of 3 are always more powerful than 2! That is probably the greatest benefit of being in the trio! 

Right now I am most excited for this Saturday! ELDER DAVID A. BEDNAR IS COMING TO THE GHANA KUMASI MISSION! On Satuday we will be privileged to have a 3 hour devotional from Elder David A. Bednar from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles to us missionaries of the Ghana Kumasi Mission! And then on the next day, Sunday, we will be having a combined Stake Conference in which he will also address us! I am soooooo excited!
Anyway..

I love each and every single one of you! I hope you had a good last week and I hope you have a good week coming up!

Odo,
Elder Brandt

No comments:

Post a Comment