Monday, August 15, 2016

Conferences with Elder Bednar

Hello! All of my dearly beloved friends and family!!!

This week I have but one experience I would like to share with you all. 
This last Saturday and Sunday, I had the privilege of meeting with and hearing from 1 of the 12 apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ!!!! Elder David A. Bednar came to Kumasi on Saturday to meet with all of the missionaries in the Ghana Kumasi Mission! We were able to have a 3 hour meeting with him and most of the time he was asking for questions and contributions! And afterwards I got to shake his hand!!! Then on Sunday, we had a combined stake conference with the Kumasi stakes! Also on both days we got to hear from Elder Terence Vinson (President of the Africa West Area Presidency) and from Elder Vern Stanfill (1st Councilor in the Africa West Area Presidency)!  There were soooo many things that I wish to share with you from this last weekend!!! But I will try to keep it short and sweet!

On Saturday, as Elder Bednar was instructing, he was talking about the Holy Ghost and its role, and we was asking for contributions. I contributed and he was asking me questions about the Holy Ghost and how it can work in the learning environment we were currently in.  It was truly amazing how as he is speaking, the Holy Ghost can come and speak to you just by bringing thoughts to your mind about subjects related to what the speaker is talking about! That is how the Holy Ghost teaches us! And as Elder Bednar and I were conversing for people to hear, I wasn't even having to think of words I was saying! As soon as I opened my mouth, words came by the influence of the spirit!

Before Sunday, I was having a personal question regarding the Atonement of Christ. I knew it was true, and I knew it could help me. My question, however, was how could I make the Atonement more personal and more powerful in my life? Well... the answer came on Sunday.  At the end of Elder Bednar's address on Sunday, he pronounced a blessing upon everyone there. He said that we would be able to know how to more powerfully know and feel the strengthening and sanctifying power of the Atonement in our life! Exactly what I had been searching for! 
I know that truly we can always learn to rely on the strength and power of the Atonement. Christ is unfailingly, lovingly, and urgently waiting to help us whenever we ask. He loves you more than you can ever know. 

I love all of you more than you could ever know! I thank you for all support you have given me! I hope you all have a great week!

Odo,
Elder Brandt

Displaying SAM_0386.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment